- About the Festival
- Special events
- Practical Information
- Contact us
There are several websites where you can find everything you need to know about Geneva:
- short introduction and some interesting links: http://www.ville-geneve.ch
- independent travel information site:http://www.geneva.info/
- comprehensive source of any information a visitor may need: http://www.geneve-tourisme.ch
The screenings of CinéGlobe will take place in two venues; both in the Meyrin area:
- The Forum Meyrin in the city of Meyrin. Tramway 14 (direction Meyrin-Gravière) stops at ForumMeyrin.
- The Globe of Science and Innovation in front of the entrance of the CERN Meyrin site *. Tramway number 14 (direction CERN) stops in front of the Globe. * CERN has several sites on the French-Swiss border of which the two main ones are Meyrin and Prevessin. For more information on how to get to CERN here
- The tram 14 has two final stops: CERN and Meyrin-Graviere. From CERN to Forum Meyrin – get any tram and stop at “Jardin-Alpin-Vivarium”; from there get the tram 14 in the opposite direction towards Meyrin-Graviere and stop at Forumeyrin.
Public transport in the Geneva region is good and we strongly encourage you to take advantage of this. Most of the stops have automatic ticket vending machines (note that the machines only accept coins and don’t return the change). The public transport offer on the French side of the border is more limited.
- From the airport to the city center: all trains leaving the airport stop at the Genève-Cornavin (main station). The ride is seven minutes long with a normal urban transport ticket. Free tickets are available at the luggage claim hall of the airport.
- From the city center to the festival venues: tramways connect Genève-Cornavin with Meyrin and with CERN.
Detailed indications and time estimates for any journey: http://www.tpg.ch
We have contacted several hotels in the area that have kindly agreed to offer special prices for people attending the festival. All the information below is subjected to availability and you will need to contact the hotels and make the arrangements yourself. Make sure you mention you come for CinéGlobe.
- Holiday-Inn Express Geneva (special price: 115 CHF): http://www.hiexgeneva.com
- NH-Rex Geneva (special price: 160 CHF): http://www.nh-hotels.com/nh/en/hotels/switzerland/geneva
- Warwick Hotel Geneva (special price: 210 CHF weekdays / 170 CHF weekend. Follow the link Reservations: http://www.warwickgeneva.com/
- Hotel Les Arcades (special price: 115 CHF): http://www.hotel-arcades.ch
In neighboring France:
- Citéa Prevessin (T3 apartment: 85 Eur. T4 apartment: 105 Eur): http://www.citea.com/en/apparthotels
- Séjour et Affaires Gex (Studio: 54 Eur): http://www.sejours-affaires.com
- Séjour et Affaires St-Genis (T2 apartment: 75 Eur. T3 apartment: 105 Eur): http://www.sejours-affaires.com
- Résidhome Prevessin (Studio: 65 Eur. T2 apart.: 81 Eur. T3 apart.: 116 Eur): http://www.residhome.com